How to Get Started with Airvet
Setting up and using the Airvet telemedicine app is simple.
1. First, download Airvet to your mobile device from the Apple store or Google Play store.
2. Next, create your account and add us (Animal Care of Greenville) as your main animal hospital, and then select your primary veterinarian.
3. Finally, complete your profile by entering essential information about you and your pet.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’re all ready to go! To make an “appointment,” request a video vet call and we’ll get back to you shortly to help you schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
When does Telemedicine come in Handy?
As convenient as telemedicine can be for our patients and clients, it also has its share of limitations. A video consultation is not the same as an in-person physical exam of your pet. Because we will not be able to assess your pet thoroughly and in person, it is essential that we already have an established veterinary-patient-client relationship and are familiar with your pet’s health history. This allows us to provide more individualized care for your pet. Keep in mind, though, that certain issues cannot be properly evaluated or diagnosed via telemedicine.
However, telemedicine can be extremely valuable in the following situations:
- Post-surgical follow-up
- Re-checks following an in-hospital visit
- Skin problems
- Minor symptoms like sneezing, coughing, and mild vomiting or diarrhea
- Limping and/or other gait problems
- Behavioral or nutritional concerns
- Questions or concerns about your pet’s general health