Pet Wellness Exams in Greenville, NC
We place the health of your pet as our top priority. Schedule a consultation with us or give us a call at (252) 752-1890!
Pet Wellness Exams
What Pet Exams are All About
An exam is more than just an exam. At our animal hospital in Greenville, NC, we can administer a variety of important services to your pet to maintain or improve their current condition, and maximize their protection against illness.
These services include:
- A full, nose-to-tail physical exam
- Assessing the heart and lungs
- Checking weight and temperature
- Nutrition and behavioral counseling
- Giving your pet the necessary vaccines
- Checking their blood and fecal samples for parasites and other abnormalities
- De-worming (usually necessary for puppies and kittens)
- Administering parasite prevention
Why We Need to See Your Pet at Least Once a Year
Dogs and cats age about 6 years for every human year. That’s pretty fast. Due to their accelerated aging (relative to us), dogs and cats tend to experience seemingly rapid health changes. Furthermore, they have a tendency to hide symptoms of illness and injury, making it difficult to tell if something is wrong. This makes it easy for health problems to advance and get worse.
Seeing your four-legged family member at least once a year makes it easier for your veterinarian to catch health problems before they become severe. The more severe your pet’s condition, the harder it is to treat. That’s why it’s important to be proactive and commit to routine health checkups.