While surgery is, for most pets, a one-time occurrence, it still plays a pretty big role in making their quality of life better. Dogs and cats benefit in all kinds of ways from spaying and neutering, but our surgical services aren’t limited to these routine procedures. Our veterinarians can perform a variety of soft tissue surgeries, and we frequently use our state-of-the-art surgical laser to make the overall surgery experience much easier for our patients. Whether your pet needs to have an issue corrected or prevented, our team takes great care to make their surgery the safest it can be.
Does your pet need to be spayed/neutered, or undergo some other procedure?
What Makes Laser Surgery Better than Regular Surgery for Pets?
For many surgeries, we’re happy to switch out the scalpel for our surgical laser, which vaporizes the tissue and cauterizes blood vessels and nerve endings. Unlike the scalpel, the laser does not crush and bruise the tissue, and it gives our veterinarians more precision when performing spays, neuters, and other surgeries.
The most important benefits of laser surgery for dogs and cats are:
- Less pain
- Less swelling and bruising
- Lower risk of infection
- Less bleeding during surgery
- Faster healing and recovery times
Maximizing Pet Surgery Safety
To make surgery as safe as possible for our patients, we work hard to minimize any potential risks. To do this, we:
- Examine your pet and perform pre-anesthetic blood work to make sure their organs are healthy and able to process anesthetic
- Place an IV catheter to give your pet IV fluid support during their surgery
- Assign an experienced technician who will monitor your pet’s vitals throughout the entire procedure
- Use the most reliable and up-to-date surgical monitoring equipment to track your pet’s heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, and more
- Provide pain relief medication before, during, and after your pet’s surgery, in addition to post-op laser therapy if needed
Surgeries We Provide for Dogs and Cats
The veterinarians at Animal Care of Greenville can perform a variety of soft tissue procedures, such as:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass and tumor removals
- Foreign body removals
- General eye surgeries including cherry eye, entropion, and enucleation)
- Abdominal surgery
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Wound treatment and repair
- …and more
For more information about the surgical services we provide, call us today at (252) 752-1890.